A life long advocate for community, small business, and prosperity for all, Rory will bring his education, professional experience and life experience to the position of Mayor.
“I am excited about the great potential of our city. The hope and opportunity that our campaign and our platform can deliver, will make a very real and positive difference in the lives of Sault residents,” said Ring. “I am seeking the position of Mayor so that together we can build a city that will have the jobs, affordability, safety and quality of life that we all want to see.”
With over 25 years experience in economic development, finance, technology growth, business development, and senior level management, Rory’s skill set is well suited for this leadership position.
He is a candidate unlike any in recent memory. He has a strong educational background with an MBA from Queen’s University, he has business experience from outside of the community and has worked as an advocate for our community both locally and at the provincial and national level. He brings a unique perspective and fresh ideas.
“There has been a clear lack of progress in terms of economic development and job opportunities in our city during the past four years. This fact, combined with local residents being subjected to a property tax increase of 10.59 percent during the same period, is making life harder for families and businesses in our city,” said Ring.
The Rory Ring platform will focus on several priority areas including, Job Creation, Lower Taxes and Improving the Quality of Life in Sault Ste. Marie.
Making the city ‘Investment Ready’, with strategies designed to support local businesses and attract new business and industry is essential to creating more local job opportunities.
Addressing affordability is also a top priority, as seniors on fixed income, and families and businesses are all struggling with the excessively high property taxes. As Sault residents we value our quality of life, but in recent years, growing safety concerns, housing issues, and recreational opportunities are presenting greater challenges.
The full platform to be released later this month will present tangible ways in which we can achieve these and other exciting objectives.
Key Facts About Rory Ring:
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Queens University
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Political Science, University of Western Ontario
Work, Volunteer and Leadership Experience:
· Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce, CEO
· Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
· Sault Ste. Marie Downtown Association, Board of Director
· Sault Ste. Marie Local Immigration Partnership
· Future SSM: Economic Development Community Adjustment Committee
· Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce, President & CEO
· Bluewater Technology Access Centre, Advisory Board of Director, Chair
· Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII)
· Freight-Guard Security Seals, President /Owner Operator
· TD Bank, Commercial Account Manager
· CIBC, Small Business Account Manager
· Business Growth Services ‘Canadian Community Investment Plan’ (CCIP), Project Manager
· Community Growth Accelerator Network (CGAN), Committee Member
· Volunteer Coach: Ice Hockey, Roller Hockey and Soccer
“As Mayor I will do what is necessary to deliver a more affordable, more prosperous and more attractive city. The time for ‘round tables’ and endless committee discussions has to come to an end. Its time to take action.” said Ring.