TORONTO — The case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard, who faces three sex-related charges, was put over to next month after a brief hearing in Toronto on Wednesday.
Hoggard’s lawyer Ian Smith says his client’s case will next be in court on Oct. 10.
The 34-year-old musician was arrested in July and charged with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.
Police have said the charges relate to three separate incidents involving a woman and a girl under the age of 16 that allegedly occurred in the Toronto area in 2016.
Hoggard, who is from Vancouver, has previously denied ever engaging in non-consensual sexual behaviour, but has said he behaved in a way that objectifies women.
His band went on indefinite hiatus earlier this year after allegations of sexual misconduct came to light but before the charges were laid.
Hedley had, by that point, already been dropped by its management team, blacklisted by scores of radio stations and abandoned by musicians booked as tour openers.
Hedley also withdrew itself from consideration for the Juno Awards in Vancouver earlier this year and backed out of performing on the telecast.
The Canadian Press