Fire Crews Respond to Dryer Fire (video)

1

On October 15, 2018, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a dryer fire in the 100 block of McQueen Road. The fire started shortly after 6 p.m. in the basement area of the single storey bungalow.

Upon arrival fire crews were directed to the rear of the dwelling where flames were visible through a basement window. Fire crews were able to contain the fire. Ventilation was used to clear smoke from the residence.

There were no working smoke alarms in the residence at the time of the incident. Sault Fire Services would like to remind all citizens to ensure they have working smoke alarms on every level of the home and to test them once a month.

There is extensive fire damage to the dryer. All occupants escaped the residence safely. There were no injuries to report.

 

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.