Sault Fire Services responds to Punctured Gas Line

0

SAULT STE. MARIE, ON – October 2, 2018 –  On Tuesday, October 2, 2018, Sault Ste. Marie Fire Service crews were called to a reported gas leak in the west-end of the city.

Shortly after 11 a.m., fire crews responded to a high-pressure gas-line puncture in the 700 block of Peoples Road. Crews blocked off and secured the area from traffic and pedestrians.

Union Gas was notified and attended the scene. PUC also attended the scene. Fire crews charged two precautionary hose lines to protect workers while they worked on shutting off the gas line. The gas line was secured and shut off by Union Gas.

WINMAR Property Restoration’s building was evacuated. Crews ventilated the building after the leak was contained. There were no injuries to report.