(SAULT STE. MARIE, ON) – During the month of October, 2018, members from the Sault Ste. Marie Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the Highway Safety Division (HSD) responded to numerous calls for service which included the following:
- 34 Property and vehicle related calls
- 31 property crime related calls
- 5 impaired investigations
- 3 violent crime related calls
- 1 Motor vehicle collision with personal injury
The Sault Ste. Marie OPP responded to a high volume of impaired related incidents in the month of October.
Acting Inspector Michael Maville of the North East Region Traffic and Marine Unit would like to remind the public that the Ontario Provincial Police will remain vigilant enforcing impaired driving legislation, and that there will be an increase in police presence with the OPP Festive RIDE campaign commencing on November 23, 2018.