On November 15th, 2018 members of the Drug Enforcement Unit, Crime Suppression Unit, and Break and Enter Unit of The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service, along with The Canadian Border Service Agency canine unit executed a search warrant in the 300 block of Pineshore Drive in Sault Ste. Marie. This was as a result of a joint investigation with officers from The Toronto Police Service.
Officers arrested 56 year old Frank James Visconti of Pineshore Drive for firearm and drug offences. As a result of the search officers located;
- 300 grams of heroin
- 1.2 grams of heroin,
- 3 grams of cannabis resin,
- 2 grams of crystal methamphetamine,
- One 30-30 rifle that had been reported stolen,
- One 22 caliber handgun that had been reported stolen,
- Two other small caliber handguns; and,
- Various amounts of ammunition.
The total street value of the illicit drugs seized was just under $150,000.
The accused was taken into custody and has been charged with:
- 2 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking,
- 2 counts possession of a controlled substance,
- 4 counts of careless storage of a firearm
- 4 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- 4 counts of possession of a firearm knowing it’s possession is unauthorized
- 2 counts of possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition; and
- 2 counts of possession of a weapon obtained by crime
He was held for bail court. At this time officers are continuing this investigation.