On November 12th, 2018 officers with the Break and Enter Unit and Investigation Services Division of The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service executed a search warrant at the residence of 60 year old Daniel Saba in the 300 block of Pim Street.
Inside, officers located a 22 caliber handgun that was loaded with 6 rounds of ammunition along with a 22 caliber rifle with one round loaded in the chamber and 5 additional rounds loaded in the magazine.
Officers also located;
- 20.14 grams of methamphetamine,
- 3.02 grams of cocaine,
- 4.5 grams of fentanyl, and;
- 31 clonazepam pills
The total street value of the drugs seized was $6,200. The accused was taken into custody and has been charged with;
- 2 counts of careless storage of a firearm,
- 2 counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose,
- 2 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- 2 counts of possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized,
- One count of possession of a loaded restricted firearm with ammunition,
- 3 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a court order, and;
- 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
He was held for bail court.