(Updated) Sault Firefighters called out to City’s West-End

1

SAULT STE. MARIE, ON – November 22, 2018 –  On November 21st, 2018, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews received a call of a residential fire in the city’s west-end. Shortly before 5 p.m., fire crews responded to a fire in a single family dwelling located in the 300 block of First Avenue.

Upon arrival heavy black smoke was emitting from the eaves and vents in the roof of the dwelling. Fire crews were able to contain the fire. PUC and Union Gas were also called to the scene.

Further investigation revealed the fire originated from a faulty electrical connection in the wall.

The fire is not considered to be suspicious in nature. There is extensive fire damage to the residence. There were no injuries to report.

******************************************************************

Sault Fire Services responded to a house fire on First Street late Wednesday afternoon.

According to neighbours, smoke was visible and shooting out through the ‘whirlybird’ (roof vent) and they alerted 911. The neighbours further stated that the house was vacant and undergoing renovations.

Sault EMS paramedics and the PUC were also called out to the scene. No injuries have been reported.

The fire is currently under investigation.

1 COMMENT

  1. This wasn’t on Douglas, it was First Avenue. There are still a few houses to the left of that front view until you hit Douglas.

Comments are closed.