Where There’s Smoke There’s Fire

0

A fire that occurred in an apartment building in the city’s east end was due to improper disposed of smoking material, Sault Ste Marie Fire Services reports.

Saultonline, was on the scene at the fire on Huntington Park just after 6pm last night. Crews were able to contain and extinguish the fire. While, there is extensive damage to the unit no injuries were reported.

“Smoking materials need to be disposed of properly to prevent fires from happening,” said Fire Prevention Officer Carlo Provenzano, “As a reminder to all citizens, please take the time to properly dispose of smoking materials by dowsing them with water or having a metal container filled with sand to extinguish them properly.”

Read previous coverage here.

SHARE
Content Team
Hi, we're the content team for SaultOnline. If you would like to share a tip about a story or an event, please let us know by using the handy Contribute Form or sending an email to contribute@saultonline.com. We'd love to hear and share your side of our Naturally Gifted area! | Interested in contributing content on a regular basis or starting a Community Blog on SaultOnline? We'd also love to hear from you! Send us an email to contribute@saultonline.com with your thoughts.

LEAVE A REPLY