Frost scores his 100th, Hounds down Petes 8-2


The Greyhounds returned to home ice Saturday night on the heels of their most recent three game road trip. The Hounds were a perfect 3 for 3 on the road trip, and continued to build on their winning streak which sat at 6 after their 7-4 win over the Sudbury Wolves.

The Petes are on a streak of their own, albeit a 2 game losing streak, and they came into the contest finding themselves sitting in 7th in the OHL’s Eastern Conference Standings

Also on hand to take in the game this evening was the Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Kyle Dubas, who had a pair of prospects to watch in the form of Greyhound Defenceman Mac Hollowell, and the Petes centre Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon. Dubas is enjoying the current time off for his team as the NHL All Star Weekend continues on.

The first 20 minutes of action at the GFL Memorial Gardens didn’t instill much excitement out of the fans, as the only thing to hit the score sheet were a couple of minor penalties being handed out to both teams. The Hounds would look spectacular on a handful of chances, but the Petes goalie Hunter Jones would fend off all 11 shots.

The second would be the polar opposite of the first seeing 4 goals hit the twine.

The first one would go to the bad guys, as Paquette would bank his 19th on the campaign, but the Hounds would follow it up with three straight. The first one would be a milestone goal.

Morgan Frost entered the game with 99 career OHL goals and on the powerplay, dropped to a knee and rifled a blast top corner to bury his 100th. A goal as nice as the career Frost has had in the OHL.

Peca would add a shorthanded goal and Hollowell would score in front of who could be his boss in a few years time. With those, the Hounds enjoyed a two goal lead heading into the third.

In the third, the Hounds refused take their foot off the pedal. A feisty Barrett Hayton would work his way into mustering up a quality scoring chance on the penalty kill. The Petes took exception and started bullying him in the crease before the goalie Hunter Jones would check him to the ice. A very rare roughing penalty was called on the goalie, and Timleck, the team’s leading scorer would have to sit because of the infraction. This would allow Roth to bury on the 4 on 4 to make it a 4-1 game.

Max Grondin would put up an unassisted tally, making the game 4-2. The closest the game would be before the Hounds would manage to put up 4 goals in the final two minutes, the first of four being an empty netter. Goals would come from Carroll, Jacklin, McLean, and Kerins.

For the 4326 on hand, they enjoyed an absolute lights out performance, but the Hounds will need to keep the ball rolling as they play again Sunday at 2 P.M. against the Kitchener Rangers on Hockey Day in the OHL.


Comments are closed.