City Council passed a bylaw on Monday night that will allow the increase in some user fees and service charges starting later this month.
Starting Jan. 21, fees such as some of the following (but not all) will be going up in cost:
- Sault Transit fares to go up five cents to $2.90
- parking meters downtown and at the Civic Centre will also go up five cents more to $1.35 an hour
- food vending licences will see a hike from $25 to $270
- renting the Bondar Tent Pavilion for your wedding ceremony and reception? That’ll cost $1,326 this year, up $29 from 2018
- cemetery lots will now cost $95 more ($950) for a single grave, and $190 more ($1,900) double
The changes in the user fees reflect an estimated increase in revenue of $162,460, and come following a recommendation by Hemson Consulting Inc. during the city’s comprehensive user fee study that was completed more than a year ago.