Back by popular demand, the organizers of Bon Soo brought back the Decorating Contest 2019 – Red & White, Make It Bright.
Thank-you to all the commercial and residential participants and a very special shout out to Josh Ingram and Downtown Association for all their assistance.
Judging was done by a 4 member team based on a 51 point score with the following criteria:
1. Best use of overall theme 20 points
2. Red & white 10 points
3. Make it bright 10 points
4. Mr Bon Soo showcased in display 2 points
5. Display presentation overall effect, display and placement of decorations, originality, and creativity ( imagination, working on a budget, nonprofessional, neat) 3 points
6. Effective use of color and material 5 points
7. Bonus point: Welcome to the Olympic participants
And the winners are:
1st Place: Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre @ 50 Pim Street
2nd Place: The Ole Warehouse @ 69 Church Street
3rd Place: The Ontario Travel Information Centre @ 261 Queen St. W.
1st Place: 71 Centennial – Sharon Gangle-MacLean (Doreen, Charlie, Richard & Jennie)
2nd Place: 1184 Wallace Terrace – Mary & Gerald Shaughnessy