The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day operations:
The following facilities will be closed Monday, February 18:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Civic Centre – 99 Foster Drive
- GFL Memorial Gardens Administrative office and box office
- Public Libraries – James L. McIntyre Centennial and the Korah Branch Library
- Public Works and Engineering office – 128 Sackville Road. For 24 hour emergency service requests, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit main office is closed
- Seniors Drop In Centre and the Northern Community Centre and Seniors 55+
Garbage and Recycling Collection There will be no garbage or recycling pickup on Monday, February 18. Garbage and recycling will be one day late for the remainder of the week.
The following facilities and services will operate on Monday, February 18:
The Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site – Open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Snow Day activities will be held from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. with bonfire and bannock, soup and snowshoeing and cookies and crafts. Free admission on Family Day. Heritage inspired food will be available for purchase.
GFL Memorial Gardens Arena – Open for scheduled events
John Rhodes Community Centre Arena – Rink #2 for Public Skating from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – Open 11:15 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. for Lane Swim and 1 – 3 p.m. for Public Swimming.
Northern Community Centre is open for scheduled events
Outdoor Rinks, Art Jennings Oval and Clergue Park Skating Trail – Open weather permitting (refer to onsite signage). A Bonfire and S’mores will be available at the Clergue Park Skating Trail from 3 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Transit Service – Regular hourly service. First bus departs terminal at 6:15 a.m. and last bus departs terminal at 11:15 p.m. Parabus service will run as usual. No Community Bus. For transit information, call 705-759-5438.
This information is available online at saultstemarie.ca.