Gas Line Break Cause of Boundary Road Fire


On March 18th, 2019, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews received a call of a residential fire in the city’s east-end. Shortly after 11 p.m., fire crews responded to a fire in a single family dwelling located in the 500 block of Boundary Road.

Upon arrival crews determined the fire to be on the exterior of the residence. Fire crews were able to contain the fire. PUC and Union Gas were also called to the scene.

Further investigation revealed the fire originated from a break in a gas line fitting on the exterior wall of the residence.

The fire is not considered to be suspicious in nature. There is fire damage to the exterior and attic space of the residence. There were no injuries to report.