Small Fire at Quattro Hotel : Hotel Response

0

The following is a response from the Quattro Hotel regarding a small fire which was contained to a single guest room last evening:

At approximately 9:30 pm on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 an isolated incident in a guest room resulted in a fire within that one room.  The entire building was safely evacuated and firefighters were on the scene within minutes.   No one was injured and guests were back in their rooms within an hour and a half.  Guests who were on the floor of the incident were relocated to alternate guest suites.    One guest room remains affected and resources have been deployed for appropriate clean up and repair.  The building is not compromised.   Nor was the fire a result of any electrical deficiencies.

Our priority is always our guests and our staff and we are extremely grateful for the efforts of the Sault Ste. Marie Fire Department, our staff & Management team who assisted in ensuring everyone was safe.

We would like to thank our guests for their understanding and cooperation.    We also appreciate everyone’s concern and the messages of support over the past 12 hours.

In true Q fashion, the affected area will be operational this morning and Quattro will be ready to receive the attendees of the 2019 Anishinaabemowin Teg Language Conference and host the largest conference of the year.

Sault Fire Services Release:

On March 26, 2019, shortly before 10 p.m., Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a fire in the 200 block of Great Northern Road.

Upon arrival fire crews located the fire on the second floor of the building. The fire was extinguished and crews ventilated the building. Further investigation revealed the fire was related to a power tool charging station.

The fire is not considered suspicious. There are no injuries to report.