Aanii! Wii’dah’no’kii’maad. Are you looking for an opportunity to support the role of a fast growing, local not-for-profit organization and help to guide it to even greater success? The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) is looking for an Indigenous individual to apply to serve on its BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) is an independent non-profit organization with a volunteer Board of Directors, financially supported by public and private partners. It was established in 1999 to function as a catalyst for economic development and diversification in the information technology and science knowledge-based sectors. SSMIC’s mission is to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in globally significant areas of science and technology through partnerships, expert advice, community development, business incubation, youth outreach and sector development activities.
We are seeking nominations from Indigenous communities for Board representation and are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Should have a professional designation in some area of business, i.e. a CPA, P.Eng., MBA or B.Comm and/or significant business experience in a professional area;
- Has or is working in the private sector or has worked in the private sector in a leadership capacity;
- Is well connected and active in our local Indigenous communities;
- Has a good understanding of financial responsibility;
- Is highly ethical, open minded;
- Has a general support for the role of SSMIC in the community and can help move it forward.
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a letter outlining relative experience, the reasons for your interest and your resume by January 31, 2019 to:
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
99 Foster Drive, Level 6
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2G4
For more information about the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre, please visit www.ssmic.com or call 705-942-7927.