Notice to Members
According to the constitution and by-laws of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce, the Nominating Committee shall select a slate of candidates sufficient to fill all vacancies on the Board of Directors.
Nominations will be received until Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Nominations are for the position of Director(s) of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce for a two-year term commencing upon, and contingent upon, the vote by the membership at the 2019 Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce annual general meeting.
To be eligible for nomination as a candidate for the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, a nominee is required to be a delegated representative of a registered member business / firm of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce in good standing and must meet the qualifications as outlined in the Chamber’s by-laws:
- No person shall be elected or appointed for the office of Director who is a directly paid employee of a municipal, provincial or federal government (excluding a Crown corporation, agency or affiliate which is a Member) unless approval to stand for election or appointment is approved by Special Resolution of the Board.
- A Director:
- Shall be eighteen (18) or more years of age;
- Shall not have been declared incapable by any court of competent jurisdiction;
- Shall be an individual;
- Shall not have the status of a bankrupt; and
- Shall be (i) a person who is an employee, director or officer of a Member that is in good standing with the Chamber; or (ii) is an individual Member in good standing with the Chamber.
To Be Nominated Requires:
- Completion of the Nomination (see link below) by no later than Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 12:00noon;
- Completion of a Nomination Orientation (date to be confirmed);
- Submission of curriculum vitae and any other related and appropriate documentation (upon request);
- Completion of the Agreement to Let the Nomination Stand (completed following the Nomination Orientation).