The City of Sault Ste. Marie’s road construction projects will be starting shortly.
Reconstruction The following streets (or portions thereof) are scheduled for full reconstruction – roadway, sewers and watermain – necessitating road closures during the construction period:
Fort Creek Aqueduct Reconstruction (within the laneway on the east side of John Street between Edinburgh and Albert Streets)
Leo Avenue Reconstruction (Queen Street East to Victoria Avenue)—closed from May to October, with the road open to local traffic only.
McNabb Street Reconstruction (Gladstone Avenue to Great Northern Road) – closed from May to October. The road will be open to local traffic only.
Ruth Street Reconstruction (Franklin Street to the east limt) – closed from May to October. The road will be open to local traffic only.
Bay Street Reconstruction (Andrew Street to Pim Street) – While work is being done on Bay Street, traffic will be maintained although traffic will be reduced to one lane at times. Delays are to be expected.
Resurfacing of the following streets is scheduled:
– St. Georges/McNabb (Grand Boulevard to Gladstone Avenue)
– Queen Street East (Kerr Drive to Lorna Drive)
– Allen’s Side Road (Second Line to Base Line)
– Ransome Drive (Rosita Street to Allen’s Side Road)
– Ellis Road (Nixon Road to Rosita Stree):
– Nixon Road (Ellis Road to Second Line)
– North Eden (Second Line to Eden Square)
– Roosevelt Avenue (North Eden to south limit)
– Cameron Avenue (Wawanosh Avenue to McNabb Street)
– Blake Avenue (Champlain Street to McNabb Street)
Commuters are urged to be cautious and obey all signage in the area. The City of Sault Ste. Marie thanks citizens for their patience during this construction season.