It’s time to acknowledge local gardeners and community businesses for the significant contributions they bring to the City through recognition in creative landscape design, general property maintenance and community building. The City Beautification Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2019 program.
– Front Yard (residential) & Back Yard (residential) sponsored by Godfrey Realty Group
– Commercial/Institutional sponsored by KPMG
– Feature in a Garden Award sponsored by Lemieux Composting
– Most Improved Residential Property sponsored by New North Greenhouses
– Best Water Feature sponsored by New North Greenhouses
– Green Glove Garden sponsored by Clean North
– Best Vegetable Garden sponsored by Sault Ste. Marie Horticultural Society
– The Mayor’s Award sponsored by the City of Sault Ste. Marie
Nomination forms are available at the Civic Centre – reception desk, Canadian Tire – Garden Centre, Lemieux Composting, New North Greenhouses and at Rome’s Independent Grocer – Garden Centre.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, July 18. Nominating one property for multiple categories is encouraged however; a separate form is required for each category. A $2 entry fee will apply for each submission.