Residents are reminded of the following schedule changes for Sir William H. Hearst Day (August 5 Civic Holiday).
The following facilities and services are closed Monday, August 5:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Civic Centre
- GFL Memorial Gardens office and Box Office
- McMeeken Centre arena and the Northern Community Centre
- Seniors Centres (Drop–In and Northern Community Centre Seniors 55+)
- Public Libraries – James L. McIntyre Centennial and Korah Branch Library
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit office
Garbage & Recycling Collection
- No collection Monday, August 5. Collection for the remainder of the week will be one day late.
The following facilities and services are open Monday, August 5:
- Bellevue Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site – 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre arenas – open for scheduled events
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – open for Session 5 lessons; Parent/Child/Lane swim 11:15 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. & public swim 1 to 3 p.m.
- Manzo outdoor pool – public swim 1 to 7 p.m., weather permitting
- Greco outdoor pool – lane Swim 12 to 1 p.m.; Public Swim 1 to 7 p.m., weather permitting
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Regular transit and Parabus service will operate on Monday, August 5.
- Regular Transit will operate hourly, leaving the terminal at a quarter after the hour (weekend service).
Sir William H. Hearst Day hours for City operations are available online at saultstemarie.ca.