August is anything but the “dog days of summer” in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. There is still a lot of summer left to squeeze out of the year.
- 🍔Clyde’s and the West Pier🍔: two iconic drive-ins that are both must-stops while visiting Sault Ste. Marie. In case you missed our take on the great burger debate, checkout our latest blog HERE.
- With warm weather, comes your next big bite. Use our handy guide to fishing along Lake Superior to find a great place to cast a line into in hopes of a lunker.
- Feeling the back to school shopping itch? Take a memory of your summer vacation to the classroom with downtown shopping options along Ashmun St. and Portage Ave. in downtown Sault Ste. Marie.
- Maybe the best view of the Soo is from the observation deck atop the 210-foot high Tower of History. Take in a 360-degree view of the Soo and the American and Canadian waterfronts.
- Branching out your hobbies? Take to the sky and learn how to spot warblers, sparrows, sandpipers and more with our summer birding guide.