The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce will host its Federal Candidates Breakfast Forum on Thursday, October 10th at Quattro Hotel & Conference Centre starting at 8:00am.
Local candidates in the upcoming federal election who have confirmed their attendance include:
- Terry Sheehan (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Sonny Spina (Conservative Party of Canada)
- Sara McCleary (New Democratic Party)
- Geo McLean (Green Party of Canada)
- Amy Zuccato (People’s Party of Canada)
Earlier this year, the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, launched the Vote Prosperity platform to urge federal party leaders and candidates to put the needs of Canadian businesses front and centre during, and after, the federal election.
“Core issues, such as trade relations, red tape and the skilled trades gap, are suffocating Canadian competiveness. If our businesses don’t thrive, Canada can’t thrive. In this election, we are challenging Sault Ste. Marie candidates to support our small businesses by embracing all seven priorities of the Canadian Chamber network’s election platform, Vote Prosperity,” says Don Mitchell, president of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce. “These recommendations will help our businesses create jobs, grow and strengthen our community.”
Vote Prosperity calls on all of the federal parties to support Canada’s job creators by including these priorities in their election platforms:
- A tax system that is fair, efficient and modern.
- A regulatory system that works for everyone, including business.
- Access to new markets around the world and the elimination of trade barriers at home.
- Resources to help small- and medium-sized businesses grow and succeed at home and abroad.
- Innovation and infrastructure to make Canada the most connected country in the world.
- A workforce with the skills, education and training required to prosper.
- A healthier pharmacare system for healthier Canadians.
Tickets to this event are $22.95+hst for Chamber members or $29.95+hst for non-members. Advance registration is required for this event and can be made online on the Chamber website at www.ssmcoc.com (event link).