Today, friends, family and the Sault College community will join together to celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of Sault College’s newest graduates at its fall convocation ceremony. The fall convocation will honour graduates who completed studies over the summer semester. Today, we will welcome another 278 graduates to the Sault College alumni family!
“Convocation is a very special time of year not only for our students but also for our staff many of whom have followed these students along their academic journey,” said Dr. Ron Common, President, Sault College. “Today we will honour and celebrate our graduates for their commitment, hard work and perseverance. On behalf of Sault College, I congratulate each graduate on this great achievement and wish them all the best as they begin a new chapter.”
The ceremony will celebrate graduates from the following program areas:
· Business Management, Health Care Administration, Office Administration – Executive, Project Management, and Supply Chain Management programs
· Esthetician and Hairstyling programs
· Building and Maintenance Construction, Business Applications, Food Service Worker, French Language, Human Resources Practices, Legal Office Assistant, Occupational Health and Safety, and Office Assistant programs
· Mechanical Engineering Technician – Manufacturing and Mechanical Techniques – Machine Shop programs
· Practical Nursing, Personal Support Worker, and Pre-Health Sciences – Pathways to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees programs
· Police Foundations and Protection, Security and Investigation programs
Natural Environment and Outdoor Studies:
· Fish and Wildlife Conservation Technician program
The platform party guests, faculty and graduate procession will be led by Tyler Duncan, Lone Piper. The Obadjiwon Singers and the Enji-Maawnjiding Dancers will lead the graduates along with their families and friends to the Common Link where they will celebrate this special occasion with a reception immediately following the ceremony.
Convocation ceremonies for graduates from Sault College’s Esthetician program in Kenora, Ontario and Hairstyling program in Fort Frances, Ontario will also take place this month.
Sault College congratulates all of today’s graduates and wishes them all the best as they embark on a new life journey.