Halloween is one of the most fun nights of the year for young people in Sault Ste. Marie and Prince Township. It allows children to express themselves creatively while bonding with friends. We want to ensure everyone who takes part in trick-or-treating returns home safely.
We will be increasing our effort on Halloween night as extra officers will be in and around the community. If you see one of the officers, please say hi. If you have a concern, please let them know.
For those travelling on area roadways on Thursday, especially at night, please pay extra attention to the road. Small children can be unpredictable and make sudden movements, so please drive slowly and pay attention to your surroundings.
For parents, guardians and people trick or treating, please follow these tips;
- Use the buddy system, always trick or treat with a friend or chaperone
- Make yourself visible – bring a flashlight, use reflective material on your costume
- Use sidewalks wherever available – if they aren’t please walk facing traffic
- Do not eat any treats until a parent or guardian can take a look to make sure they’re safe
- Do not enter a stranger’s home; always stay where your parent, guardian or chaperone can see you
To everyone in Sault Ste. Marie and Prince Township, we wish you a fun evening on Halloween, but please be safe so all of the little goblins, ghouls and superheroes can return home safely.
For more tips, please visit our friends at the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.