The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to remind residents of schedule changes for the Remembrance Day statutory holiday on Monday, November 11.
The following facilities and services will be closed Monday, November 11:
– Cemetery office
– Public Libraries – James L. McIntyre Centennial and the Korah Branch Library
– The Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site. Winter hours are Tuesday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– City Landfill site and Household Hazardous Waste Depot. The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is closed for the season and will reopen Spring 2020
– Civic Centre – 99 Foster Drive
– Northern Community Centre
– GFL Memorial Gardens Administrative office and box office
– Public Works & Engineering office – 128 Sackville Road
For 24 hour emergency service requests, call 705-759-5201.
– Sault Transit main office
– Seniors Drop In Centre and the Northern Community Centre Seniors 55+
Garbage and Recycling Collection
Residents are reminded that garbage and recycling collection occur on different days. There will be no garbage and recycling pickup on Monday November 11. Both garbage and recycling pick up will be one day late for the remainder of the week.
The Landfill is closed on Monday, November 11. Winter hours of operation for the Landfill are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/landfill
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is closed for the season. For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/hhw
The following facilities and services will operate Monday, November 11:
– John Rhodes Community Centre Pool is open for all regular programming including lessons and swims
– All arenas (GFL Memorial Gardens, John Rhodes Community Centre Arena and the McMeeken Centre) will be open for scheduled events
– Regular transit and Parabus will operate as usual on Monday, November 11. At 11 a.m. on Monday, City buses will pull over to observe one minute of silence. For more info, call Sault Transit at 705-759-5438.
The November 11 Remembrance Day Ceremony will be held at the GFL Memorial Gardens beginning at 11 a.m.