The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce (SSMCOC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting nominations for its annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards.
“We are very pleased to welcome Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation and Gateway Casinos Sault Ste. Marie as our title sponsors for this year’s Awards,” notes SSMCOC president, Carlo Spadafora. “As a Chamber, support from our member businesses and agencies is fundamental. Both OLG and Gateway Casinos have proven themselves to be leaders and engaged members of our local business community. Further, they each demonstrate the professional excellence within their unique industries that exemplifies the spirit of our Awards program.”
The SSMCOC Outstanding Business Achievement Awards will recognize businesses, organizations, and agencies that have made significant strides in overall growth and success, safety, diversification and accessibility, employee relations, customer service, innovation, and exporting. Additionally, the Chamber will recognize the successes and community contributions made by several individual business leaders.
This year’s award categories include:
– Business of the Year Award (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
– Downtown Business of the Year Award
– Indigenous Business of the Year Award
– Community Non-Profit Business of the Year Award
– Rising Star New Business Award
– Customer First Award – Individual
– Customer First Award – Business, Non-Profit or Agency
– Community First Award (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
– Employer of the Year Award
– Diversity Award
– Leader in Accessibility Award
– Innovation Award
– Safe Work, Sound Business Award
– Beyond Sault Ste. Marie Award (2 categories: up to 49 employees, 50+ employees)
– Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
– Skipper Manzzutti Award for Business Achievement
– Paul Dalseg Community Achievement Award
The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, January 10th, 2020. Anyone wishing to nominate a local Chamber-member business or organization can visit https://www.ssmcoc.com/2019-business-award-descriptions for full details and online nomination.
“We have local businesses, organizations, and agencies that are genuinely innovative, that continually strive to find new ways to engage their customers, that have adapted unique business practices that set them apart from their competition,” says Rory Ring, Chief Executive Officer of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce. “The Chamber is proud to showcase the fact that we have exceptional entrepreneurial talent right here in Sault Ste. Marie. We hope that our Chamber members and members of the community will take to take a few minutes to nominate a business or organization that they feel is deserving of an award for their efforts and hard work.”
The Outstanding Business Achievement Awards will be handed out on Saturday, February 29th at the Chamber’s annual OBAA Gala,