Strive: Young Professionals Group (YPG) aims to assist young professionals between the ages of 19 and 40 who are seeking meaningful professional development initiatives, networking opportunities, and community interaction within Sault Ste. Marie and the surrounding Algoma region.
Strive: YPG is pleased to announce the newly elected executive board for 2020. Newly elected members and their corresponding roles include:
- Chair: Derek Jackson from Wardlaw Heating & Cooling Inc.
- Past Chair: Ashlee Gerard from Ash The Assistant
- Vice Chair: Kurtis McDermid from Odd Job Jacks
- Finance Officer: Dylan Turgeon from Lallemand Inc.
- Secretary: Carly Creagh from Freedom 55 Financial
- Marketing Officer: Jeremy Henderson from Jeronamo Solutions
- Communications Officer: Connie Carello from CC Communications Inc.
- Events Coordinator: Hunter Berto from Algoma Steel & Mikaela McDermid from the Ontario Finish Resthome
- Recruitment Officer: Dr. Carly Dool from Floreani O’Toole Dool Orthodontists
- Advocacy Officer: Emily Cormier from the City of Sault Ste. Marie
- Sponsorship Officer: Robin Weber from RW Medical
- Members At Large include: Francesca Bruni from Blade+Ink, Steven McCoy from Gencity Consulting, and Naomi Sayers a Barrister/Solicitor
Strive: YPG was developed through the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce to respond to a gap in representation for young professionals within the community.
Young professionals in Sault Ste. Marie are part of a demographic that communicate, network and do business differently.
With the intention to help young professionals work together and network, Strive: YPG also highlights the contributions, skills, and expertise youthful members of our community have in various professional roles.
The organization’s annual Algoma Visionary Awards (AVA) Gala, which is scheduled for January 10th 2020, is a prime example as Strive will recognize up to 20 individuals for their incredible efforts in leadership, community engagement, professional achievement, volunteerism, and mentorship.
The members of Strive: YPG are the future leaders of this community and Strive intends to nurture relationships to maximize the potential of young professionals in Sault Ste. Marie.