UPDATE: 1;18pm PUC report that all customers have now been restored
PUC is advising of an unplanned electrical service interruption affecting 536 customers in the west end of the city. Areas affected are:
- Third Line north to City limits and east of Maki Road north to Lakeshore Drive south of Second Line
- west of Allen’s Side Road to Airport Road and Point Des Chene
Line crews are investigating this undetermined power outage.
PUC would like to remind all of our customers:
- Downed wires should always be considered energized or “live”, and extremely dangerous
- Do not approach or drive over a downed power line and do not touch anything the power line may be in contact with
- Parents are encouraged to talk to their children about powerline safety and the dangers that can be associated with power lines
If you have any information leading to the cause of the outage or other concerns please call the PUC emergency number at 759-6555.