Sault Ste. Marie, ON (2020 02 13) – The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day operations:
The following facilities will be closed Monday, February 17:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill
- Civic Centre – 99 Foster Drive
- GFL Memorial Gardens Administrative office, box office and arena
- Public Libraries – James L. McIntyre Centennial and the North Branch Library
- Public Works and Engineering office – 128 Sackville Road. For 24-hour emergency service requests, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit main office is closed
- Seniors Drop In Centre and the Northern Community Centre and Seniors 55+
Garbage and Recycling Collection
There is no garbage or recycling pickup on Monday, February 17. Both garbage and recycling will be one day late for the remainder of the week.
|Regular Garbage Collection Day||Week of February 17||Regular Recycling Collection Day||Week of February 17|
The following facilities and services will operate on Monday, February 17:
- The Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site – Open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Snow Day activities will be held from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with reenactors, snowshoeing and crafts. Free admission on Family Day. Heritage inspired food will be available for purchase.
- John Rhodes Community Centre Arena – Rink #2 for Public Skating from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – Open 11:15 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. for Lane Swim and
1 – 3 p.m. for Public Swimming.
- Northern Community Centre is open for scheduled events
- Outdoor Rinks, Art Jennings Oval and Clergue Park Skating Trail – Open weather permitting (refer to onsite signage). A Bonfire and free S’mores will be available at the Clergue Park Skating Trail from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Transit Service – On Monday, February 17, the hourly Saturday service schedule will be followed with the first bus departing the terminal at 6:15 a.m. and last bus departing the terminal at 11:15 p.m. Parabus service will run as usual. No Community Bus. For transit information, call 705-759-5438.