4PM UPDATE: PUC Report that power has been restored to all affected customers.
The PUC is advising of an unplanned power outage affected about 777 customers in the East End of the city. The cause of the interruption is tree contacts due to the weather the Sault is currently experiencing.
Line crews are investigating this power outage in the following areas:
- Queen Street East from Varsity Avenue to Lake Street
- Side Streets including Elizabeth, Parkdale, Caddy, Drake, Oak Park Crescent
- Algoma University
PUC would like to remind all of our customers:
- Downed wires should always be considered energized or “live”, and extremely dangerous
- Do not approach or drive over a downed power line and do not touch anything the power line may be in contact with
- Parents are encouraged to talk to their children about powerline safety and the dangers that can be associated with power lines
If you have any information leading to the cause of the outage or other concerns please call the PUC emergency number at 759-6555.