The Algoma District School Board (ADSB), Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon, Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario (CSPGNO) and Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (HSCDSB) have approved the School Year Calendar for 2020-2021.
The four school boards have worked together to produce a common calendar, facilitating the co-ordination of services such as student transportation. Each board adopted the calendar, consisting of a 194 day school year, following its own consultation process. Their respective calendars will be submitted to the Ministry of Education for final approval.
The 2020-2021 School Year Calendar will be the same for all English and French-language schools and all public and Catholic school boards in the Algoma and Sudbury Districts including Blind River, Chapleau, Dubreuilville, Elliot Lake, Espanola, Hornepayne, Manitoulin Island, Massey, the North Shore, Sault Ste. Marie, Spanish, Wawa and White River. Except for minor changes, the calendar will also apply to CSC Nouvelon and CSPGNO schools in Greater Sudbury, Espanola and Sudbury East.
Overview of the 2020-2021 School Year
Elementary and Secondary Schools
▪ ADSB, CSC Nouvelon, CSPGNO and HSCDSB staff begin on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
▪ ADSB, CSC Nouvelon, CSPGNO and HSCDSB students begin classes on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
▪ The Christmas holiday schedule is set from December 21, 2020 to January 1, 2021 inclusive.
▪ March Break is scheduled from Monday, March 15 to Friday March 19, 2021.
▪ The last day of classes for staff and students is June 29, 2021.
Professional Activity Days:
1. September 1, 2020
2. September 25, 2020
3. October 23, 2020
4. November 20, 2020
5. February 5, 2021
6. April 30, 2021
7. June 11, 2021
The complete School Year Calendar for 2020-2021 is available on school board websites: