As a farmers’ market, the Mill Market Sault Ste. Marie is a vital link to the well-being of our community. Our vendors who grow and produce food/beverage products are from the Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma area. By supporting our local farmers, we will all be less dependent on other Countries’ food needing to cross the border. By supporting local farmers, we can be better prepared for global emergencies.
The recent announcement from the Provincial Government regarding the Covid-19 virus, does not include closing retail stores, grocery stores or malls. Therefore, for the foreseeable future, the Mill Market Sault Ste. Marie will continue to be open to our loyal customers and the general public during this time. If there are any changes to this, we will make an announcement.
This weekend there will be a limited number of vendors offering food products for sale including:
- Collholm Farm (eggs, bread, preserves, veg, some meat)
- Jardin Farm, (greens, some veg)
- Tuomo’s Stubbornly Finnish Bakery,
- Stock & Broth, (soups & broths)
- Whipawheel Farm, (veg, bread, eggs, preserves, some meat)
- Milly’s Eats & Treats (baked goods)
- Northern Twisted Pizza
We invite shoppers to stock up on their food supply purchases at the Mill Market each Saturday from 9 AM – 2 PM. Some of our vendors will also be offering delivery services independently of the market and the market is also looking at an on-line local food hub for delivery purposes. Once that’s up and running, we will be making announcements.
For the Saturday markets we ask that the following guidelines are adhered to for the safety and well-being of our valued customers and vendors:
- Please enter and exit through the North or South Doors (The main entrance will be closed)
- In keeping with direction from Algoma Public Health our food court seating area “The Roost” is now closed.
- Please do not attend if you’re feeling unwell.
- Please practice social distancing of at least 2 meters where possible
- Please do not bring your children or extra people who will not be shopping, to cut down on the number of people attending the market.
- We will be limiting the numbers of people inside the market building to 50 at one time. Please be patient if you’re not able to get in right away.
- There will be no public washrooms
Thank you for your continued support.
– Board of directors and staff of Mill Market Sault Ste. Marie.