Lottery sales continue at retail and PlayOLG.ca
The health and safety of customers and employees is a priority for OLG.
Given the growing concern over the coronavirus (COVID-19) and based on guidance from public health authorities, the OLG Prize Centre at Yonge and Dundas streets in Toronto is temporarily closed as of 6 p.m., Tuesday March 17, 2020.
During this closure:
- Customers can continue to redeem lottery prizes of up to $999.90 at any one of the 10,000 lottery retail outlets provincewide. The payment of these prizes is subject to the availability of cash at specific outlets.
- Customers can continue to mail their prize claims of up to $9,999.90, following the instructions on OLG.ca or by calling the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
Lottery prizes of $10,000 or more may be redeemed once the Prize Centre is re-opened. In the meantime, we can assure our valued customers that all lottery prizes will be redeemed per their terms and conditions on OLG.ca. We are looking at extending the 12-month time period for the redemption of lottery products sold through lottery terminals and PlayOLG.ca; further details to follow. The extension would also apply to INSTANT tickets.
If you buy Lottery tickets on PLAYOLG.ca
- Lottery winnings of up to $999.90 will be automatically credited to your account and you will be notified.
- For winnings between $1,000 and up to $99,999.90, you will be prompted to fill out a Lottery Prize Claim Declaration Form. Once you’ve submitted the form, OLG will either credit your PlayOLG account or contact you for next steps. Please expect delays in processing times.
- For lottery prizes of $100,000 or more, you must also submit a Lottery Prize Claim Declaration Form. Once the Prize Centre is re-opened, you will be contacted with next steps for processing your claim. Please expect delays in being contacted while the Prize Centre is closed. As noted above, OLG expects to extend redemption timelines for lottery prizes
You can still buy your LOTTO MAX and LOTTO 6/49 tickets from lottery retail locations and PlayOLG.ca.
OLG will advise the public when the Prize Centre will re-open, taking into account guidance from public health authorities.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding at this time.
The OLG Team