SaultOnline received the following letter from Sault College regarding the precautionary measures being taken due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns:
The health, safety and well-being of our staff and students remain a top priority for us. We certainly understand and appreciate that there are ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) and we would like to provide you with an update on what we are doing moving forward:
- For the week of March 16, 2020, face-to-face classes will continue as scheduled.
- Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 all face-to-face classes, including Continuing Education, will be suspended until further notice.
- The College is taking this time to review its operations to determine next steps, including: preparing for remote instruction where available
- At the present time all flight training will continue.
- Clinical and field placements will continue in their current mode. Students will hear directly from the appropriate Dean or Chair about their placements.
- The possibility of resuming some face-to-face classes and labs is subject to ongoing evaluation.
- Where possible, classes that can be delivered via remote instruction will be announced prior to Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Further information on this will communicated as soon as it is available. Please continue to check your email and student portal.
- Sault College offices, including Employment Solutions SSM and Blind River, and service areas, including Library and computer labs, will remain open during this time unless otherwise communicated.
- The College will also be cancelling or postponing upcoming scheduled events, such as: March Break tours, Scholarship, Bursaries and Awards ceremony, and Spring Open House.
- We understand that a lot of work has gone into these events; however we must be prudent and follow the advice of public health officials.
We recognize and understand that this brings a lot of questions and disruption. We want you to know that we understand this, we feel this and we are making decisions that are in the best interests of our College community. We are committed to developing semester completion plans for students.
Most importantly, we want to thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. Your support will help us as move through this rapidly evolving and sensitive situation.
We will keep you informed as updates are available.