Homeowner of West-End Residence Extinguishes Fire with Minimal Damage

0

A west-end resident was alerted to a fire in their home by a working smoke detector and quickly worked to extinguish it before any major damage occurred. The fire broke out as the result of drapery coming in contact with an electric baseboard heater on the upper floor of the dwelling.

Sault Fire Services responded to the call for service at the residence in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue at approximately 11 a.m. and other than some moderate smoke damage, no injures resulted.