On April 23, 2020 officers with Patrol Services arrested 31-year-old Josh Vanatta for pointing a firearm.
At 7:00 p.m. police responded to two calls regarding the accused standing at the corner of Second Line West and Walters Street pointing a handgun at people and vehicles driving by. Upon arrival officers located the accused. He was failing to comply with officers but was arrested.
A subsequent search of the accused found him to be in possession of a loaded .45 calibre handgun with the serial number tampered with and ammunition.
He is charged with;
- Pointing a Firearm x2
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number Has Been Tampered With
- Resisting a Peace Officer
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x3
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Knowing Possession is Unauthorized
- Uttering Threats
- Breach of Probation x2
He was held for bail court.