Complimentary basic membership in the Chamber is being offered to all non-member local business during the month of May
Effective immediately, through May 31st, the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce (SSMCOC) will be offering a complimentary basic membership to any Sault Ste. Marie business or organization that is not currently a full member of the Chamber of Commerce.
“Getting connected and staying connected is imperative for businesses during these unprecedented times,” says SSMCOC CEO, Rory Ring. “There is a great deal of information about COVID-19 that we all have to digest on a personal level, but if you are a business person, you also have to ensure that you are staying up-to-date on the various programs in place for business and the legislation that you are required to adhere to for your business and your employees. And on top of that, you are looking for ways to keep your customers and clients informed about your business’ status.”
The team at the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce have been monitoring the various programs, subsidies and pieces of legislation that are being put in place provincially and federally and have been communicating this information to its members daily through newsletters, social media, over the phone and by webinar.
The local Chamber has also been actively engaged with both the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce. Information and concerns being received from local business members are being elevated to the provincial and federal levels through its affiliations with the OCC and the CCC, which are actively working with the Ontario and Canadian governments to develop policies and programs to help businesses try to weather the current crisis.
“The Chamber hopes that businesses that take advantage of the complimentary basic membership during COVID-19 will benefit from both the information sharing and the additional marketing opportunities that Chamber membership offers,” explains Ring. “We also hope that non-member businesses will assist us by adding their voice to the advocacy that the Chamber network is doing on behalf of ALL local, Ontario and Canadian businesses.”
Businesses and organizations that take advantage of this complimentary membership:
- will receive regular SSMCOC communications, which include municipal, provincial & federal updates, advocacy news and resources available to them during this health crisis;
- will be able to register for free webinars offered by the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber as part of its Recover●Renew●Rejuvenate series, as well as any free webinars offered by the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce
- can access the member login section of the ssmcoc.com website, where they can update their searchable business profile information.
- can post complimentary Community Deals which are also shared across SSMCOC social media platforms;
- can take the opportunity to review all of the Chamber’s Affinity Programs to see which exclusive Chamber-member cost-saving programs can benefit their business’ bottom line.
In addition to regular webinars on current COVID-19 issues and legislation, the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber is also working to arrange a virtual town hall with our local MP, MPP and Mayor as well a virtual Meet the Ministers session with our Northern Ontario provincial Ministers.
To sign up for your complimentary membership, e-mail Bob Burns, Membership and Business Development Leader at [email protected] (or call 949-7152, ext 4). Please be sure to include:
- Business / Organization Name
- City, Province, Postal Code
- Email and Website
- Contact Person.
About the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization comprised of 700 plus businesses and agencies in Sault Ste. Marie and has been serving the needs of this community since 1889. The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce will lead the way as the voice of business, advancing economic prosperity for its membership and the business community. Learn more about the SSMCOC at www.ssmcoc.com.