House Fire On Black Road Caused By Deep Fryer

0

On May 5th, 2020, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a residential fire in the 500 block of Black Road. The fire started after 7 p.m. in the kitchen area of the residence.

Upon arrival fire crews were directed to the kitchen area of the dwelling where a deep fryer on the stove was left unattended and started the fire. Crews were able to contain the fire. The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist with the displaced resident.

There is significant damage to the dwelling. A dog was assisted from the residence and given oxygen using a Project Breathe Pet Oxygen Mask. The dog was taken to a local veterinary clinic for precautionary reasons. There are no other injuries to report.