Due to the current COVID-19 situation, residents are reminded of the 2020 schedule changes for Leaf and Yard Waste, City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot Collection.
Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
– Start date collection for Route A scheduled to begin on May 4 has been postponed.
– Leaf and Yard Waste collection will begin on May 11 with Route B and will go until November 14, 2020 (weather permitting).
– To view the collection calendar and see which week your collection will be, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste.
– The landfill will be closed on Saturdays until further notice.
– The landfill is open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Only two people per vehicle and children are not allowed. Expect delays as security will be enforcing physical distancing and health and safety measures.
– Payment can only be made with debit or credit. Cash will not be accepted. For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/landfill.
Household Hazardous Waste Depot
– The Household Hazard Waste Depot was scheduled to open on April 14. This has been delayed until further notice.
For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/hhw.
For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/waste or call Public Works and Engineering Services at 705-759-5201.