On June 5, 2020 officers with the Crime Suppression Unit and Drug Enforcement Unit arrested 22-year-old Hilary McKinley and 22-year-old Jacob Nenonen for unauthorized possession of a weapon.
At 8:13 a.m. officers executed a search warrant in the 0-100 block of Bay Road. The two accused were found inside the residence and arrested. A subsequent search of the residence located a sawed off shotgun, a second shotgun not stored properly and ammunition. The sawed off shotgun was reported stolen on February 5, 2020.
Both of the accused are charged with the following:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm x2
- Possession of prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a weapon obtained during the commission of an offence
- Possession of property obtained by crime
They are both scheduled to appear in court on August 17, 2020.