Residents are reminded of the following schedule changes for Sir William H. Hearst Day (August 3 Civic Holiday).
The following facilities and services are closed Monday, August 3:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
- GFL Memorial Gardens office and Box Office
- Public Libraries
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Sault Transit office
Garbage & Recycling Collection
There is no garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Monday, August 3. Collection will be one day late following the holiday.
|Garbage and Leaf and Yard Waste (Route B)||Recycling|
|Regular Garbage/Leaf and Yard Waste Collection Day||Week of August 3||Regular Recycling Collection Day||Week of August 3|
Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day bi-weekly. To view the leaf and yard waste collection calendar and see which week your leaf and yard waste collection will be, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste
The City landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot is closed on Monday, August 3 but will be open the remainder of the week.
The following facilities and services are open Monday, August 3:
- Bellevue Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre arenas – open for scheduled bookings
- Manzo outdoor pool – open 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting. Limited capacity.
- Greco outdoor pool – 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting. Limited capacity.
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Transit will operate its current hourly schedule on Monday, August 3. Parabus service will also operate on August 3. Transit Services continues to limit the number of passengers per bus to ensure physical distancing. For transit information, call 705-759-5438.