Fire Crews Respond to Barbecue Fire

0

On July 9th, 2020, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a barbecue fire in the 800 block of Frontenac Street. The fire started shortly before 6:30 p.m. outside of the residence.

Upon arrival, fire crews were directed to the yard of the residence where a barbecue on a shed porch was on fire. Fire crews were able to extinguish and contain the fire.

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services would like to remind all patrons to never leave cooking devices unattended. “Stay by your grill, just like you would stay near the stove inside your home,” said Public Education Officer Aaron Gravelle. “Remember to check all connections and hoses for leaks before use – you can do this by simply putting soapy water on the hose lines and connections to see if there are bubbles from cracks, damaged lines or failed seals.”

There is fire damage to the barbecue unit and the adjacent shed. There are no injuries to report.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here