Fire Services Responds to Gas Leak Downtown

gas leak

On Tuesday, July 21st, 2020, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a natural gas leak in the 700 block of Bay Street. The report of the gas the leak came in shortly after 3:00p.m..

Sault Ste. Marie Fire crews along with Sault Ste. Marie Police Services were on scene and secured the area. Enbridge Gas was notified and arrived on scene. The leak was contained.

Residents in the area were notified of the incident – no evacuation took place. There were no injuries to report.