Kinross Hopeful For September Return


Racers and fans will have to wait a little bit longer for events at the Kinross Speedpark in Kinross, Michigan to take the green flag in 2020.

For the third time this summer, facility promoters, Fox Boyz Racing, have announced a delay in the racing action following the mutual agreement between the United States and Canada to keep all international borders closed to non-essential travel.

That closure results in the yellow flag continuing to wave at the 1/4 mile asphalt oval.

“Out of respect to our entire racing family which uniquely and appreciatively includes American and Canadian drivers, fans and sponsors, we will not operate events under the current circumstances’ stated Speedpark Volunteer Director of Race Day Operations / PR Gerry Liscumb Jr.

“We have remained committed that until we can all be together, we will patiently pause the action. With that said, we remain hopeful that the situation will change next month and allow us to return to the track before this summer is complete” he added.

As a result, the track has once again reconfigured its schedule based on these circumstances and has two events planned for the month of September.

Time trials at 4 PM | Racing at 6 PM

Memorial Invitational in memory of Randy Dewitt & Ted Brooks

“We sincerely appreciate everyone’s co-operation and understanding and look forward to being backside trackside” Liscumb concluded.

The track will continue to update it’s sponsors, racers and fans with information as soon as possible on their website at or their social media network on Facebook at