Dog Rescued from McFadden Avenue Fire

0
Photo by Craig Huckerby/ONNtv

On August 23rd, 2020, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a residential fire in the 100 block of McFadden Avenue. The fire started shortly after 12 noon in the west-end residence.

Upon arrival, fire crews were directed to the basement area of the dwelling. Crews were able to contain the fire. The Red Cross, Enbridge Gas and PUC Services were all called to the scene.

There is significant smoke damage to the basement of the dwelling. A dog was assisted from the residence and given oxygen using a Project Breathe Pet Oxygen Mask. The dog was returned to the owner. There are no other injuries to report. The fire remains under investigation.

Original Story: House Fire on McFadden Avenue in West End of City