Residential Fire in City’s Downtown Area

0

On August 4th, 2020, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a residential fire in the 100 block of Gore Street. The fire started shortly before 12 noon, in a single unit of a multi-residential dwelling.

Upon arrival fire crews were directed to the kitchen area of the unit. Fire crews were able to contain the fire. The building was ventilated after the fire was contained.

The determined cause of the fire is improper use of cooking equipment.

There is extensive fire damage to the single unit. There were no injuries to report.