Canada United is a nationwide campaign by RBC and over 65 large businesses to encourage Canadians to buy local. Canada United encourages action from everyday Canadians and Corporate Canada and kickstarts the recovery of local economies and small businesses. Each action has helped to build The Canada United Small Business Relief Fund which is managed by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce on behalf of the national Chamber network in support of other chambers and partners. The Fund is awarding grants to small Canadian businesses to help with their recovery efforts as a result of COVID-19.
About the Grant: Successful applicants will receive a relief grant of up to $5,000. If awarded, a relief grant can be used to reimburse for any of the following expenses:
- Purchasing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, face shields, and latex gloves.
- Renovating physical space to adhere to local, Provincial or Federal reopening guidelines.
- Developing or improving e-commerce capabilities for your business.
When: Applications for the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund are now being accepted and will be awarded based on eligibility (1).
Eligibility Criteria: To apply for a grant you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, including but not limited to:
- Own and operate a small to medium size business registered or incorporated in Canada
- No more than 75 employees
- Have minimum annual sales of $200,000 and not more than $3,000,000
- Hold commercial generality liability insurance in the minimum amount of $1 million
Full eligibility criteria and grant application details are available at occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief-fund.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION NOW!
Go to occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief-fund and click on the link related to the province in which your business is located
(1) To apply for a grant you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, including but not limited to, the requirement that you must own and operate a small to medium size business registered or incorporated in Canada, with annual sales between $200,000 and $3 million and up to 75 employees and hold commercial generality liability insurance in the minimum amount of $1 million. Full eligibility criteria and grant application details will be available at https://occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief-fund/.