Fire on Pim Street

0
Pim Street Fire Sept 16 2020

Sault Ste. Marie Ont. – A fire broke out this morning at the Canadian Motor Hotel on Pim Street.

At approximately 10:30 a.m. Sault Fire Services responded to 410 Pim St. for reports of a laundry basket on fire.

Upon arrival, the laundry basket had been moved outside for firefighters to extinguish. The building was also observed to be full of smoke so smoke removal was conducted by the fire department.

One witness on the scene said the cable had gone out and the alarm had gone off for what seemed like a while before the fire department arrived.

This story will be updated if more information becomes available.


By: Dan Gray