Sault Ste. Marie, ON – The City of Sault Ste. Marie reminds residents of schedule changes for the Labour Day statutory holiday on Monday, September 7, 2020.
The following facilities and services are closed September 7:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Clergue National Historic Site
- GFL Memorial Gardens office and Box Office
- John Rhodes Community Centre Arenas
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool
- Peter G. Manzo and V.E. Greco outdoor pools – closed for the season
- Public Libraries
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Sault Transit and Parabus service will not operate. Main office is closed.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
There is no garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Monday, September 7. Collection will be one day late following the holiday.
Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day bi-weekly. To view the leaf and yard waste collection calendar and see which week your leaf and yard waste collection will be, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste
The following facilities and services are open Monday, September 7:
- Bellevue Marina – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For Fall hours please refer to onsite signage.
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. After Labour Day the Roberta Bondar Marina will be closed for the season.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. After Labour Day the Sault Canal Recreational Lock will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Transit will return to full service operating on the half-hour and will be increasing the amount of passengers beginning September 8. Paid parking at on-street meters and pay and display terminals will also resume on September 8, 2020.