The Sault Community Career Centre is proud to announce a new free youth employment program starting Monday, September 21st. Through the Transition to Independence Program, participating youth can develop job skills and get hands-on, paid work experience with local employers.
Participating Youth Get:
- Up to 7 weeks (30 hours per week) of customized employment skills training, mental health and wellness, customer service skills, and more!
- Free certificate training based on your needs, such as Smart Serve, First Aid, Food Handler Certificate, WHMIS, etc.
- While in training, participants get a living expense equal to minimum wage.
- An 8-week (30 hours per week) paid work placement with a local employer at minimum wage. Develop skills through a supportive on-the-job experience that’s based on your employment goals and abilities.
- One-on-one coaching that’ll help you put your employment plan into action.
- Child care and transportation offered where appropriate and required.
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and regulations
To register for the Monday, September 21st, start date or for more information, contact Nathan Muto at 705.759.0909 x 4254 or firstname.lastname@example.org For over 25 years, the Sault Community Career Centre has provided personalized services to assist job seekers, employers, and newcomers in reaching their professional goals. You can find more information about our free services at www.saultcareercentre.ca and by following us on Facebook and Instagram.